Pre-Workout Macchiato Muffins
These muffins are great pre-workout energy combining carbohydrate necessary to fuel muscles and caffeine for that boost you may need coming into an arvo session.
2 1/4 cups wholemeal flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
¾ cup coconut sugar
2 eggs lighly beaten
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
10 tsp. ground coffee + hot water to make 1 cup coffee mixture
1 cup greek yogurt
1 cup chopped dates
¼ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar in a large bowl.
- Combine the eggs, oil, yogurt, milk and coffee mixture in another bowl or jug.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir until just combined. Fold in dates.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cases placed in muffin pans (you can fill almost to the top). Bake for 20-30 minutes or until risen and golden and a skewer pushed into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack, then store in an air tight container.
Melanie is one of Sydney’s top Sports Dietitian’s. Commencing her career in hospitals, before specialising in Sports Nutrition and Personal Training, gives Mel the unique combination to understand the nutritional demands of exercise. Her approach is simplistic, backed by science and results based. Check out befitdietitian.com for more information or to book a consult.